Mental health helplines
We provide helplines for people experiencing mental health issues in the following regions:
- Nottingham City: Wellness in Mind
- North Yorkshire: out of hours mental health helpline
- Greater Huddersfield, Calderdale, North Kirklees, Wakefield, Leeds and Barnsley: 24 hour mental health helpline.
If you don't live in one of these areas, visit the NHS website for information on national mental health helplines.
What to expect when you ring
We will listen to your concerns, and provide emotional support and reassurance. If you need to access other services, we'll help you by providing information about them.
Working with us
If your council or organisation would like to know about the services we provide, please get in touch. Our helpline services can be customised to suit the needs of your organisation, and we can provide referral and signposting to other services for both individuals and their carers. We respond to urgent concerns and operate within a recovery model, ensuring callers benefit from an effective intervention, in line with local mental health support pathways.
We support people who are:
- at risk of developing mental health problems
- diagnosed with common mental health problems
- known to mental health services
- experiencing mental health distress
- seeking information, advice and support.
We deliver mental health telephone support, advice and guidance services for:
- Nottingham City CCG
- Greater Huddersfield CCG
- Calderdale CCG
- North Kirklees CCG
- Wakefield CCG
- Leeds CCG
- Barnsley CCG
- North Yorkshire County Council.