We aim to give our customers the best service we can, but we know that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a complaint about your home or the services that we or our contractors have provided please let us know so that we can put things right. This will help you and other customers as we will use your feedback to learn and to improve our services.

How to make a complaint

If you wish to make a complaint, you can do so using our online contact form - where possible, do try to talk to the relevant member of staff first, as they may be able to resolve the issue for you without going through the complaints process. 

Our complaints policy sets out how our complaints process works, and our feedback and compensation service standards explain what you can expect from us. 

Need help? We've produced an easy-read complaints leaflet, as well as a printable easy-read complaints form

Complaints process

Stage one

  • A thorough investigation of your complaint by the relevant service manager
  • If you’re not happy with the outcome of the investigations, you can request a review of your complaint.

Stage two

  • A review of the investigation by a senior manager
  • If you remain unhappy with the response at stage two, we will tell you how to contact other organisations for further advice. 

When we receive a complaint, we’ll reply with an acknowledgement letter within three working days and respond to the complaint fully within 20 working days. If more time is needed to resolve the issue, the deadline can be extended by a further ten working days.

Further help

You can contact your local Member of Parliament or Councillor at any time.

If, when you've reached the end of the complaints process, you are not satisfied with our response, you can take your complaint to an ombudsman:

You should do this within 12 months of getting to the end of the NCHA complaints procedure. We will send you details of how to contact the relevant Ombudsman with our complaint response letter, or you can visit their websites for further information.

Depending on the nature of your complaint, you can also contact the Care Quality Commission or Healthwatch for further help or advice.


We may make a compensation payment to you, where we have not met our service standards. For more information, please read our feedback and compensation service standards.