Have your say
We're grateful to the many customers who already do so much to help us understand the things NCHA can do to make a difference in their lives. If you'd like to join them, there are lots of ways you can get involved:
- Sign up for our email newsletters: we send out regular newsletters that provide updates and what's going on at NCHA and explain how you can get involved. (You'll also get a printed copy of Link magazine twice a year if you're one of our tenants.)
- Tell us your views on the service you've had from us, good or bad, by contacting us or filling in our online contact form.
- Take part in focus groups or surveys. From time to time we invite customers to be part of a focus group, or to take part in a survey. It's entirely up to you whether you participate, but we listen carefully to all the responses we get, and use them to make decisions about our work.
- Become a Community Voice. These customers serve as a local link to NCHA for their area and a representative for their neighbours.
- Find out if there's a Tenants and Residents Association (TRA) where you live - and if there isn't, consider setting one up. A TRA is a group of local people who meet to discuss and act on local issues. Contact us to find out if there's a group in your area.
- Review our policies - and tell us what needs to change. Our Virtual Policy Group means you can do this from your own home.
- Join our customer panels. These customers will form groups that review key areas of our work. If you want to be a strong voice for change get involved.
We'll provide you with support and training to do any of these roles - contact us to see how we can help.