Paying your rent: ways to pay

Direct debit payments

With Direct Debit, payments can be made directly from your bank on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Contact us if you'd like to set up or amend a Direct Debit payment.

Direct payments from your bank account

We accept 'faster payments' from UK bank accounts.

  • Our payee name is: NCHA Ltd Rents
  • Sort code: 300002
  • Account number: 04113719

Your payee reference number is your tenancy reference number - you'll find this on your tenancy agreement or a rent statement. You can also contact us to check your tenancy reference number.

Telephone payments

You can pay over the telephone at any time:

  • During office hours, call us on 0800 013 8555 and make a payment using your credit or debit card.
  • At any time, ring Allpay on 08445 578 321. You can pay using a credit or debit card - you'll be asked to key in the card number and the amount you wish to pay using the keypad on your phone.

Online payments

Log on to and follow the on-screen instructions.

Benefit payments

If you are in receipt of housing benefit, you can ask your local council whether they can pay your rent to us directly - contact your local council to arrange this. 

Text payments

You can pay by text using Allpay's text payments service. The system is secure, you'll need your Allpay swipecard, a UK-registered mobile phone and a credit or debit card to register at

Once you're set up on the system, you can make payments by texting a simple code and the amount you wish to pay to a designated number every time you want to make a payment.

Payments using the Allpay app

You can download the free Allpay app to make rent payments - it's available for Apple and Android devices.

To get started, you'll need to create an Allpay account at You'll be asked for a payment reference number, which is your tenancy reference number - you'll find this on your tenancy agreement or a rent statement.

The app will store your details (protected with a PIN) so that you won't have to enter them every time, making this a quick and easy way to pay.

Credit Union rent payment account

You can set up a Credit Union rent payment account to help pay your rent. Have your wages and/or benefits paid into the account, and then the credit union can help you make sure your rent is paid for you - you can then have the rest of your money put into a bank account of your choice, or transferred onto a prepaid debit card to help you manage your money. Contact your local credit union for information.

Swipe card payments

You can use swipe cards to make payments at PayPoint, the Post Office and e-Pay outlets. The cards can also be used at our Nottingham and Ollerton regional offices (during office hours only). To find your nearest PayPoint or Post Office outlet please visit the Allpay website

You will usually be issued with a swipe card at the start of your tenancy - please contact us if you don't have one, or need a replacement. 

About your rent

Your tenancy agreement states that you must pay rent to NCHA in advance. There are a number of ways that you may pay your rent to us – every week, every two weeks, every four weeks or every month. However you pay your rent, your rent account should be in kept in advance by the same amount – for example, if you pay your rent every two weeks, your rent account should be two weeks in credit.

If you receive Housing Benefit, you still need to make sure your rent is paid in advance – please contact us to discuss arrangements. Download our leaflet on benefit changes and paying your rent in advance

Help and support

If you're having difficulty paying your rent, please talk to us to see how we can support you.