You can get insurance to protect you from risks like fire, flood and burglary, on everything from cars and pets to holidays and phones. We recommend that people who live in NCHA's properties take out contents insurance for their belongings. This will cover you in the event that your possessions, including things like televisions and washing machines, are damaged or stolen. 

The Citizens Advice website has clear advice on contents insurance and how it works. NCHA is a member of the National Housing Federation, who have partnered with Thistle Tenant Risks and Ageas Insurance to provide a specialist insurance scheme which is designed for tenants and residents living in social and affordable housing. Visit the Thistle My Home website for more information about the insurance they provide. 

You may also need other types of insurance, depending on your circumstances.