You can use an online benefits calculator to work out the amount of money you could get. They can also help you understand how your benefits would be affected if you start or change work.
Before you start, get some information together:
- details of any savings you've got
- your income - and that of your partner, if you've got one
- details of any benefits you already receive
- a list of your outgoings, like rent, council tax, childcare, and bills.
Information about benefits in the UK
- Citizens Advice website: benefits
- Gov.uk website: this is the official government website for information about benefits
- Money Advice Service website: this website has information about benefits, debt, and budgeting.