Repairs: advice for leaseholders

Your lease explains the responsibilities of NCHA (the landlord) and you (the leaseholder) for repairs to your property.

  • If you live in a house, you’ll be responsible for all repairs and maintenance.
  • If you live in a flat, you’ll usually be responsible for repairs inside your home and any services that serve your property solely, such as gutters or pipework. We will carry out repairs to the structure of the building and any communal areas. These repairs will be paid for via the service charge.

Communal areas

If a repair is needed in a communal area, like a hallway, contact NCHA. You can use our online form to report repairs needed in communal areas.