CCTV systems

If you're an NCHA tenant and you'd like to install CCTV, you usually won't need explicit permission from us, unless there are structural changes planned to the building you live in. Please contact us to check.

If your CCTV system will show anything other than your own property, such as public areas or someone else's home/private property, it is your responsibility to ensure that it complies with all applicable laws. There is information about CCTV and the law on the Information Commissioner's Office website. 

If you're concerned about a CCTV system that you think does not comply with the guidelines, please contact the Information Commissioner's Office.