Animal welfare

Please contact us if you are concerned about animals in an NCHA property - for example:

  • Excessive or inappropriate numbers of animals 
  • Animals being kept in unsuitable conditions, such as sheds, or large dogs in flats
  • Animals being bred for sale
  • Noise nuisance from animals or birds being kept as pets.

If the property is not managed by us, contact your local council and ask to speak to the environmental health team. 

Reporting cruelty to animals

If you're concerned that an animal is being mistreated or abused, contact the RSPCA. If the person involved is an NCHA tenant, please contact us.

Dangerous animals

We don't allow dangerous animals to be kept as pets in our properties. If you are concerned that someone has a pet they shouldn't have, please contact us