Repairs - coronavirus
We're still carrying out repairs, but you may experience delays. Safety restrictions earlier in the year meant that a backlog built up - we are working through these jobs now.
If we need to carry out work inside your home, we'll follow these coronavirus safety guidelines.
If you have an outstanding repair which was placed on hold during the pandemic, we’ll contact you to give you a target completion date. We hope to have caught up with our backlog by the end of October, but of course, this may change if there are any further lockdown restrictions applied to the areas in which we work. If the urgency of your repair has changed since you originally reported it, please contact us.
We know it's frustrating when work is delayed, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. The safety of our customers and employees remains our top priority. At all times, we've continued to carry out emergency repairs, as well as works to empty properties, and essential health and safety checks to keep everyone safe. These will continue regardless of any future local lockdown restrictions. We've also been able to continue to carry out external works.
Visiting your home
We carry out regular safety checks in people's homes, and we're taking extra precautions to keep you, and our staff, safe. Our employees have been instructed to ask certain questions before visiting for an appointment for essential works. If you inform us that you are self-isolating or shielding, we’ll make the appointment for after this period if possible.
Our team or our contractors are continuing to carry out the following safety inspections and service visits to keep you safe:
- Electrical periodic testing and reporting
- Gas servicing and safety checks
- Lift servicing and insurance inspections
- Solid fuel service and safety checks
- Water safety (including Legionella) assessments and checks
- Asbestos inspections
- Fire risk assessments and works arising from these
- Service visits to check fire alarm and emergency lighting systems.
We'll write to you if we need to access your property. If you're unable to keep an appointment or you have concerns relating to coronavirus, please contact us on 0800 317 861 and we'll support you to make alternative arrangements.
We'll continue to carry out emergency and immediately dangerous repairs for households where people are self-isolating with coronavirus symptoms. In these cases, we will require you to follow a few simple steps which are in accordance with the guidance from Public Health England:
- You'll need to remain at least two metres away from any worker, or ideally in another room, with the door closed. We'll ask that doors and windows remain open to ventilate the area.
- The engineer will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and use certified hand sanitiser before and after the visit, but they will be required to leave the gloves on site for you to dispose of.
If you're unable to follow these requests, we won't be able to carry out work in your home.
Changes to appointments
If you need to reschedule an appointment, call 0800 317 861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give us a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation where possible.
Kitchens and bathrooms
If you're waiting for a kitchen or bathroom to be replaced, please bear with us - we have now resumed work on these tasks.