Gas Safety Week
We’re proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week, which takes place from 13 – 19 September 2021.
Starting in 2011, Gas Safety Week continues to highlight the importance of taking care of the gas appliances in your home.
To ensure that your family stays safe it’s so important to be available for your annual gas safety check.
We’ve also included some top tips on gas safety:
- Know the symptoms of CO poisoning including headaches, nausea, breathlessness, collapsing, dizziness and loss of consciousness.
- If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak, call the National Grid on their gas emergency number: 0800 111 999.
- Never attempt to work on a gas appliance yourself, always seek the help of a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer who can work on your gas cooker, boiler or fire in a safe way.
- Don’t cut corners - only employ a suitably qualified Gas Safe registered engineer when having gas work carried out in your home.
- Always ask to see your engineer’s Gas Safe ID card. Make sure you check the back of the card, which will state which gas appliances they’re qualified to work on.
Take a look at our gas safety page for more information on keeping your household safe.